Friday, November 7, 2008

today

we had a lot of plans.  as we were driving to buy food for the kids for a celebration for one of the staff's birthday here, another one of the staff told us that a school collapsed in port-au-prince.  some of our team (like half) went up there at about noon or 1 today.  none of the kids at the orphanage are in that school, but I can't imagine that it would be a very pretty sight.  I stayed behind and so did a few others.  I wanted to help, but I also felt like 5 guys going from our team was enough and told them to call if they needed more help from us and so far we have not heard anything.  Please be praying for them as scenes like this can be kind of chaotic... 

We who stayed behind worshiped and prayed with the kids at the orphanage for our team and for the people who are trapped.  

All of our projects are continuing or finishing up today and it has been great spending time with the kids.  i am looking forward to hanging out with them all weekend.

i will try to send more updates as we hear from the team... 

here are some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucastheexperience

1 comment:

Lee Murray said...

I just saw it come across AP and send out a prayer request here at work and an email to The Kruse's in case they had not heard.

My thoughts and prayers are with you - wish I could have gone back also...

Lee