Friday, April 17, 2009

we are like totally two weeks away

We have a meeting next week: Thursday at 7pm.  THIS IS one week before we leave, amazing!  Then the next Tuesday is our packing meeting, location TBA. 
We need to have everything we are purchasing ready by then so please let us know what you need to get so we can help you. 
Don't forget to get your money in ASAP, the next  absolute deadline being Tuesday.  If you are having trouble getting funds in please let us know
don't forget to pass our blog along to your friends,enemies,co-workers, and prayer partners
----
a short review from last night's meeting
dah, DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH.  dah? dah.
 
did somebody mice in here?
 
how to count to ten in japanese
 
one up one down
 
it's ok and good to make mistakes when learning a new language
 
everybody else knows more than me, about something
 
everybody has a different way of learning
 
what did you learn?
 
embarassing videos to come in future e-mails lol
----
i love the surprises God gives us in our lives.  With Haiti there is always something and I feel like between looking for a job and Haiti I am about to go crazy, but I love it nonetheless.  There are just always things that don't go as planned or to put it more the way it is in my mind the way I would have planned them.  Wahh.  To me it seems crazy to go to Haiti when I don't have regular work, but:
 
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?  28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  - Matthew 6:25-34
 
Please be praying this morning for our team and where God is taking it.  I have nothing like serious or groundbreaking to say, I just want you guys to pray.  That would be super-rad. 
 
this morning I went to a prayer/bible study thing and we went over giving thanks to God.  I was thinking how much Haiti makes me thankful for life, community and what God has blessed me with.  Everytime I go down to Haiti I get that renewed and I am sad I have to come back.  I'm sure you will feel the same if you haven't been there before.  You will see these kids and adults, their lives transformed completely by Jesus jumping and dancing for joy in worship.  It's amazing.  I am excited.  I am excited to have connected with all of you and had a great time at the meeting... I hope you all did too, Melissa you REALLY missed out.  You will just have to come again so you can hear this guy speak.
 
I didn't sign up for snackimony, but I hope I will have time to share my testimony while we are in Haiti.  Part of the reason I am so thankful is because of the "randomness" of the story.  I love me some randomness.
 
ok enough rambling, i hope I made some sort of sense.  Here are today's kids
 
DSC_4457 by you.
GREGORY is one of the newest residents at Maison de Lumiere. With both parents dying in the same year, Gregory ended up with his grandmother. She died three years later. A missionary helped him find a family to care for him but when they moved back to the country, he was left homeless. After sleeping on rooftops and roaming the streets, the same missionary found him and brought him to Maison de Lumiere. Since arriving, Gregory has taken well to his new home and is well-liked by the children. He is a helpful, friendly boy that is a true joy around the orphanage. He loves school, playing soccer and learning the Bible. Please pray that Gregory will grow in his faith and in his relationship with Jesus.
 
DSC_0041 by you.
OLINE is our newest arrival to the girl's home. She was one of the neighborhood children that Child Hope International sent to school through the education program. When we heard her mother was ill, we sought medical care and eventually hospitalization to help her. Unfortunately, Oline's mother died in the hospital leaving Oline alone. There were no other relatives available to care for her so she joined the girl's home. Since moving in, she has done remarkably well. She is a happy young girl and is adjusting well to her new home. All of the girls welcomed her in, and she has a lot of new best friends. Please pray for Oline that she would grow in her new faith and become a strong woman of God.
--
Lucas Simmons

No comments: