Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

15 more days! How are you feeling? The first time I went to Haiti I had a range of emotions and at a certain point I was like what the heck am I doing on this airplane to this devastatingly poor, dangerous country!? Then I just gave it up to God. I thought about Jesus DYING on the cross. Then I saw the kids faces and what Jesus had done for them. America and all those concerns suddenly seemed so far from all the stuff I cared about when I was on my way to Haiti. I think Alicia had a similar experience. I encourage you to share what you are going through on the trip. We will have morning and nightly devotion times and I really hope we can come together as a team by the candlelight and talk about what we are going through and support and encourage each other. I have been on missions trips that are lacking in this area, and I definitely think it is one great reason why we go with other people. Plus, you’re stuck inside after dark anyways. Haha.

Please be praying for the Haiti Hunger Dinner and that no matter what happens God would be glorified and people’s eyes would be opened to the poverty in the world. That is our focus. Not what people will be happy with, but to get a taste of the economic divide and how people live elsewhere. Anyways, we are having a bake sale or whatever you want to call it this weekend too. And Commissioning. And Hunger Dinner.

If you have family, friends or coworkers you want to receive our updates, please send them to http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=2504118&loc=en_US When they sign up, this will send them a daily e-mail when our blog is updated. We will be updating it periodically with pictures and updates while in Haiti. Or you can send them to our blog at http://khchaititeams.blogspot.com

I am still liking this one:
Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great with turmoil

Pito ou pa gen anpil byen men ou gen krentif pou Bondye pase pou ou rich epi pou ou nan tèt chaje. - Proverbs 15:16

I also enjoy the verse after it:
Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred

Obviously, God hates vegetables. Alicia disagrees.

No comments: