Saturday, October 18, 2008

Your Saturday update

Hi All -
 
The bake sale starts TONIGHT.  I think there is going to be so many tasty treats that people won't know what to buy hehe.  Alicia was up way too late baking last night, I don't even know how she is going today because I fell asleep before midnight haha.  Haiti Hunger Dinner is tomorrow!
 
Team commissioning is tomorrow at the 9am service.
 
So I was just conversing with Bill via e-mail.  The times I have been in Haiti or in Mexico and heard people worshiping God in another language, it just is really an amazing experience.  So I asked if we could worship with the kids in the morning, and he said that we could.  I think this pretty exciting and am totally looking forward to it.  These kids are amazing worshipers and I am excited to worship with them and our team.  We will probably have a time of team devotions before we go to worship with the kids.  I have updated our schedule, which is available via our team blog with this.
 
"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." - Psalm 8:2
 
"Ou fè timoun piti ak tibebe nan tete chante jan ou gen fòs, pou ou koresponn ak moun ki pa vle wè ou yo, pou ou fèmen bouch lènmi ou yo ak moun k'ap kenbe tèt avè ou yo."
 
DSC_0574 by you.
Junior is a likeable and friendly boy who always has a smile on his face. An outstanding student, Junior loves school and studying. His favorite subject is Bible. He also enjoys sports and is a serious competitor -- soccer being his game o choice.

DSC_0056 by you.
Markenson always has a smile on his face and is the first one to extend a handshake greeting to visitors. His favorite thing to do at the home is roller blading. I asked him how he's changed since he's been at the home and he said he finally feels safe.

No comments: