Sunday, October 26, 2008

oh my gosh

We are going to Haiti this week!

Alicia and I went to TiGeorge's yesterday, but unfortunately he was not there :( But I did email him later and he said that we are all on the same flight to Port-Au-Prince. I am not sure about the flight from LA to Miami, though. How cool is that?!?!

Then we went to the refugee camp, which I was honestly expecting something more from. It was a guided tour of a mock refugee camp, but I was expecting people acting like refugees and for it to be a little bigger, I guess. It was still cool to hear about everything they do and they gave us some food called BP-5 they would normally give to refugees: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2974890408_7f82b50d30.jpg It made me thirsty all night pretty much. This lady was like a fake border checkpoint guard and tried to take my camera to let us pass, but I would have no part of it so they said I had to stay behidn haha: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2974004229_38a7593642.jpg They let me go by after everybody went through... whew

Unity in the Body of Christ
1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Se sa ki fè, mwen menm ki nan prizon poutèt Seyè a, m'ap mande nou pou nou viv yon jan ki konfòm ak jan Bondye te rele nou pou n' viv la. 2¶ Pa janm vante tèt nou. Aji avèk dousè ak pasyans ak tout moun. Se pou nou yonn sipòte lòt avèk renmen nan kè nou. 3Sentespri a mete nou ansanm. Se pou nou fè tou sa nou kapab pou nou ka toujou fè yon sèl kò, pou nou viv ak kè poze ansanm yonn ak lòt. 4Gen yon sèl kò ak yon sèl Sentespri, konsa tou se yon sèl Bondye a ki rele nou pou nou gen yon sèl espwa. 5Gen yon sèl Seyè, yon sèl konfyans, yon sèl batèm. 6Gen yon sèl Bondye, ki papa nou tout, k'ap dominen sou nou tout, k'ap aji nan nou tout, ki nan nou tout.
Ephesians 4:1-6

2 comments:

ColtysMama said...

Do you mean Ti George's restaurant?

Lucas said...

yup that's the one!